Welcome to Department of Marathi
Basic information of Department
This College was established in 1970, Dr. Parikh was founder chairman of J.T.S.S.P.M. Mandal. He was rector of Bombay University, Marathi Department is started since 1970.
The Marathi subject is taught for all faculties, Arts, Commerce and Science. For Arts, it is at special and general level, and for commerce (FY.B.Com) and Science S.Y.B.Sc. it is at general level. The first principal of the college Dr. Kamlakar Parchure belonged to this department. Former Principal Dr. V.D. Kasar was HOD of this department. Former lecture’s Prof. Katare, Prof. Deshmukh, Prof. Miss Bandivadekar, Prof. Miss. Rohini Joshi also worked in this department.
At present Associate Prof. Dr. Khade J. P. have been working as the Head of the Deparment of Marathi and Assistant Prof. Dr. Nadhe V. V. and Prof. Shinde S. R. also working in the department. Associate Prof. Dr. B. T. Shelke was left this college from Feb 2018.
The Aims and Objectives of Department:
- The development of the basic language skill- listening, speaking, reading and writing communication skills.
- To help increase the understanding of ancient, medical, modern Indian and western ideas about literature and to increase the ability of deep study of Marathi literature
- To increase the perception of thoughts and literary evaluation of the objectives of literature.
- To promote a healthy outlook and right type of attitude among the rural tribal’s youths for total transformation of rural and tribal.
- To create awareness among the students in the context of rural development poverty alleviation and programmes of social change.
- To acquire the necessary communication skills required for the day to day social integration.
- Enhance the ability to understand language dealings related to language and literature related to literature.
Growth and Expansion:
|Sr. No.||Name of Seminar||Date||National/State||Sponsored|
|1.||Prasarmadhame ani Marathi Bhasha||27,28 March, 2010||National Level Seminar||U.G.C.|
|2.||Sahitya Acadami Purskar prapt Lekhak Vidyarthi Bhet||29, 30 November,2010||National Level Seminar||B.C.U.D.|
|3.||Sanshodhan: Swarup ani paddhati||26,27 March 2012||National Level Seminar||U.G.C.|
|4.||Marathi Dalit Gramin Kadambari Tulana||26,27 July 2013||National Level Seminar||U.G.C.|
|5.||Sanshodhan Swarup ani Paddhati||26,27 August 2013||State Level Seminar||B.C.U.D.|
|6.||Navodattar Samgra Marathi Sahitya||26 Feb 2016||State Level Seminar||B.C.U.D.|
Activities of the Department:
Lecture, Group Discussion, Class wise Seminar, Expert eminent guest lecture on current economic topic from other college as a resource person, lectures organized, Debating contest, poem contest, Essay Writing organizing by the Department of Marathi
Students are given facility of learning materials. Students are concealed through the advisory scheme that caters to the academic and emotional needs of the student.