UGC Sponsored Certificate Course in Environmental Protection
- Certificate program code – CC – 5
- Name of program – Certificate Course in Environmental Protection
- Year of Introduction – From 2013 – 2014 to2017 – 2018
- Duration – One academic year
- Eligibility – 12th Science pass
- Fees – 500 per student
- Intake – 30 – 40 students
- Students benefited – 206 students
- Syllabus copy – Click here
- Number of times course has been conducted – 5 times
Goals and Objectives –
- The course contents are framed for knowing the importance of Environment, conservation, importance of biodiversity etc.
- This course also aims to understand the students about fragile ecosystems of Western Ghats.
- To make the students aware regarding the environmental issues, causative factors etc.
Need and Assessment –
- Junnar Tehsil is in Dist. Pune. Pune and adjoining areas are having a huge industrial zone.
- The trained students will get job opportunities in the companies for environmental safety.
- The hands–on–training is also useful for the students to get employment opportunity in pharmaceutical industries.
- This also helps in educating the youth for the conservation of the environment and biodiversity of Western Ghats.
Course Materials –
- Fundamentals of Ecology – E. P. Odum,
- Modern Concepts in Ecology – H. D. Kumar,
- The book of Indian Animals – BNHS Oxford,
- Conserving wildlife in India – S. K. Chadha,
- Practical Microbiology – R. C. Dubey and D.K. Maheshwari
- Manual of Environmental Pollution Analysis – N. N. Bandela, M. Sultana and U. P. Patil.