Shri Shiv Chhatrapati College Junnar, Dist. Pune Library
Basic Information Of Department
Knowledge is open ended and it is ever changing. The second half of 20th century withnessed explosion of information and consequently a new information oriented society came into being. The libraries therefore had to modernity and technology in order to collect the ocean of information and to systematize it in the interest of the modern society. Libraries hold a pivotal role particularly in educational institutions. Hence administration always strives to make the library enriched modern and reader oriented.
The necessary reference books and electronic instruments are purchased every year too- to be able to provide the readers with desired information at the earliest.
For smooth functioning of library and development of Library an advisory committee has been formed. Two meetings are held every year.
Collection of Books-
We have following collection of Books up to Mar. 2018.
- Books – 109641
- Periodicals – 48
- Bound Vols. Periodicals- 1663
E – Library -
Library provides Internet Facility to access to online e-journal & e-books subscribed and freely available on the internet to the student and faculty.
Working Hours -
All working Days – 9.00 A.M. to 5.00 P.M. = 8 Hours
Reading Hall remains open - 8.00 A.M. to 6.00 P.M. = 10 Hours
Library Building -
Total area of Library building is 3900 Sq.ft
Seating capacity of Reading Hall is 150
Library Services -
- Computerized Issue Return facility by Smartlib software
- Reference services
- Indexing service
- Library Orientation
- OPAC ( Online Public Access Catalogue)
- Internet surfing & Downloading facility
- Photocopy facility
- Separate cell for competitive Exam
- Open Access system for P.G. & Research students
- News paper clipping services .
Best Practices of the Library -
- Book-Bank facility for all students at nominal charges.
- Free Book Bank facility available for scholar students
- Book Exhibition and sell activity conducted every year with co operation of book seller.
- Library facilities are made available to the EX-students, Senior citizens and book lovers at nominal charges.
- Earn while learn Scheme’ made available to the economically Backward students.
- e-library facility
- INFLIBNET N-LIST All Electronic resources subscribe N-List Programme and get access to more than 138500 books and 6300 e-journal Bibliographical database etc.
- Bound Volumes of some Journal/Periodicals available for reference
General Rules of the Library -
- Write your name in the visitors / Readers register every time
- Keep your bags and other belonging at the property counter near the entrance.
- Do not carry any personal or issued books in the stack area.
- Maintain silence and strict discipline in the reading hall.
- Two books will be issued to students against their I.Card.
- Check the book at the time of issuing in case of any defect or damage please inform the library staff.
- Return the issued book on or before the due date, otherwise late fee of Rs. One per day Per book will be charged on books.
- In case of loss or damage of books replacement has to the made by the user otherwise double price of books will be charged.
- Every student is given an identity Card in the Library at first time. But in case Identity Card is lost, it should be reported to the librarian. A duplicate identity card will be issued to the students, against a payment of Rs. One hundred.
Library Staff -
- . Mr. L. N. Thorat - Librarian
- Mrs. V. A. Chavan - Asst. Librarian
- Mr. A. P. Pathak - Lib. Clerk
- Mrs. S. D. Sabale - Lib. Clerk
- Mr. P. D. Mahabare - Lib. Attendant
- Mr. R. D. Balsaraf - Lib. Attendant
- Mr. B. V. Vidhate - Lib. Attendant
- Mrs. R. S. Gavate - Lib. Attendant
- Mrs. M. D. Joglekar - Lib. Attendant
- Mr. G. M. Kale - Lib. Attendant