Welcome To Department of National Service Scheme
Basic Information Of Department
The National Service Scheme (NSS) has been introduced at Shri Shiv Chhatrapati College, Junnar since 1971-72 as part of academic programs. The NSS had its birth on September 24, 1979 during the Gandhi Centenary year.
NSS scheme works under the ministry of Youth Affair and Sports, Government of India and NSS cell, Higher and Technical Education Government of Maharashtra.
Basic information of NSS Department :-
|Year of NSS Established||1971-72|
|NSS Program Coordinators||Prof.S.B.Gawali Prof.R.B.Sahane Prof.A.V.Suryawanshi Prof.Miss.R.V.Gaikwad|
|Number of NSS unit working||01|
|Number of NSS volunteers involved||300|
|Duration of the program||2 Years|
|Program||Regular activities (community work) 120 hrs in year. Special camping 7 days.|
|MOTO of NSS||NOT ME BUT YOU|
|NSS Day||24 September|
Aim of NSS Department :-
Personality Development of college students through community service.
Objectives of the NSS Department :-
- To understand the community in which the students work.
- To understand themselves in relation to their community.
- To identify the needs and problems of the community and involve them in problem solving process.
- To develop a sense of social and civic responsibility of students.
- To utilize their knowledge finding practical solution to individual and community problem.
- To develop competence required for group living and sharing of responsibilities.
- To gain skill in mobilizing community participation.
- To acquire leadership qualities and democratic attitudes.
- To develop capacity to meet emergencies and natural disasters.
- To practise national integration and social harmony
|Academic Year||Name of the activity||Name of the Award/ recognition||Name of the Awarding government/ recognized bodies|
|2018-19||Blood Donation Camp||Letter of Honor||Regional Blood bank Sassoon general hospital Pune. Govt.of Maharashtra|
|2017-18||Swachh Bharat Abhiyan||Letter of Honour||Junnar Municipal corp|
|2016-17||NSS||Best NSS unit & Best Program Officer||Savitribai Phule Pune university|
|2016-17||Cleanliness and conservation of fort||Certificate of participation||Government of Maharashtra|
|2012-13||NSS||Best NSS unit & Best Program Officer||Savitribai Phule Pune university|
Regular Annual Activities of NSS
- Tree plantation and tree conservation.
- Cleanliness programs.
- Blood donation camp.
- Voter awareness and registration program.
- Active participation in pulse polio program.
- Rallies on different social issues to generate awareness .
- Workshop and lecture on personality development, leadership , national integration etc.
Special Camp – Seven days annual special camp in every academic year is organized. 150 NSS volunteer participated in adopted village.
Activity conducted by NSS department in academic year 2017-18
|Sr. No.||Name of the activity||Organizing unit/ agency/ collaborating agency||Number of teachers participated in such activities||Number of students participated in such activities|
|1||Swachh Bharat abhiyan||Junnar Municipal corp.||4||300|
|2||Ecofriendly Ganeshutsav||Junnar Municipal corp.||4||120|
|3||Ecofriendly Ganeshutsav||Junnar Municipal corp.||4||125|
|4||National Voter day||Tahsil office Junnar||10||176|
|5||Rangoli Competition for Awareness about voter day||Tahsil office Junnar||7||45|
|6||National Pulse polio campaign||Chhatrapati shivaji civil hospital Junnar||3||50|
|7||Disaster management||Tahsil office Junnar||3||25|
|8||vanarai Bandhara||NSS unit special camp and Basti Grampanchayat||4||150|
|9||Tree Plantation (100 plant)||NSS unit special camp and Basti Grampanchayat||4||150|
|10||Hemoglobin checking||NSS unit special camp and Basti Grampanchayat||4||150|
|11||Cleanliness Activity at Basti||NSS unit special camp and Basti Grampanchayat||4||150|
|12||Swachh Bharat abhiyan||Junnar Municipal corp.||4||300|