Shri Shiv Chhatrapati College Junnar Department Of Geography Certificate Course in GIS
Basic Information Of Department
The Certificate Course of GIS (Geographical Information System) has been started on 04 September 2010 in college under the Department of Geography. UGC has sanctioned RS. 10, 00,000/- grant for five years (2010-11 to 2014-15) thereafter the course is running without any assistance from UGC and University.
GIS is used to collect, store, analyze and present geographical information as per requirement. It gives clear ideas about socio-cultural, physical as well as environmental features. GIS is one of the modern techniques in geography, it helps to assess and present geographical data easily. It has many applications such as GIS use in Mapping, Telecom and Network services, Accident Analysis and Hot Spot Analysis, Urban Planning, Transportation Planning, Environmental Impact Analysis, Agricultural Applications, Disaster Management and Mitigation, Landslide Hazard Zonation, land use/land cover changes, Navigation (routing and scheduling), Natural Resources Management, GIS Solutions in Banking Sector, Soil Mapping, Land Information System, Surveying, Wetland Mapping, GIS Applications in Geology, Planning and Community Development, GIS in Dairy Industry, Tourism Information System, Irrigation water management, Fire equipment response distance analysis, Worldwide Earthquake Information System, Volcanic Hazard Identification, Energy Use Tracking and Planning, GIS for Fisheries and Ocean Industries, Monitor Rangeland Resources, Reservoir Site Selection, Forest Fire Hazard Zone Mapping, Pest Control and Management etc.
Aims and Objectives Course:-
- GIS is one of the modern techniques, it bring the excellence and quality in the higher education which is helpful for students career.
- GIS is one of the need base programme and it is strongly felt that need based programmes will be useful for students, industry and society if they are in the co-ordination with professionals and industry.
- To improve knowledge and techniques in the subject this will cater to needs implement such course in college for students whose belong to trible region as cheapest level as compare to other institution.
Program officers :-
- Asst. Prof. Ashok Dushing Course Co-ordinator
- Asst. Prof. Mahendra Korade Faculty Member